Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Whats currently on my needles

This past week has been really busy with company coming and going almost all week. So I haven't really been knitting much. There have been a couple things I kept meaning to blog about but I never seemed to get around to it. I've really been slacking off in my blogging lately. My livejournal has updates for the last three days but none of them are finished yet.

Remember how I said I wanted to use up my Red Heart yarn? I think I figured out the best way. Instead of doing small knitting projects like scarves and hats, I decided to crochet myself an afghan. It will also teach me how to do granny squares, something Mom tried to teach me a long time ago and I just wasn't ready. xD She already gave me a quick run through, plus I have a link to two pretty good videos showing the same thing. Speaking of videos, I found one that taught me how to do cabling. <3 Now I can make myself a pair of nice fingerless gloves with cables on them. I have yet to make myself fingerless gloves because I've been scared of cables. Not anymore!

I don't have pictures of anything yet but I'm working on a pair of easy cabled fingerless gloves found on Knitty and an afghan that I'd like to get done before the 21st of June (Litha). It'll probably end up being just a throw for anyone when they get chilly or need something to sleep under. When I get better yarn, I'll make seasonal alter cloths for my alter. I also need to figure out how I'm going to knit a few snake bags for Dad for his birthday. We're going to line them otherwise the snakes would probably get out of small holes but thats something he can really use. I'll make a couple for me too so we don't have to keep using pillowcases for my snake.

I'm also going to try to at least get a Slytherin scarf made before the sixth Harry Potter movie comes out in July. I'm making it smaller so I can stand to wear it in July. Plus I'm not one for huge scarves. I'm not 100% sure I'll use up all the skeins with the scarf, but even most of them would be great, since I got the scarf colors in Red Heart yarn. xD Now that I know where my local LYS is, I can go there for any more of my yarn needs, especially once I get my license and have my own car.

No comments:

Post a Comment