Saturday, May 2, 2009

Twilight Knitwear

My like and dislike of Twilight has been back and forth but what I realized awhile ago is that what I really like about Twilight is the story behind it. The story of a vampire falling in love with his prey. And I love Alice. Alice is amazing. But that's not what I'm going to talk about. I'm going to talk about the knitwear from the movie, cause its just that amazing.

One of the really popular items from Twilight is Bella's mittens. There's a whole list of stuff from the movie and then again from stuff people have been inspired to come up with. As for me, there are only two items I really want to make. I bet you've guessed it - they're worn by Alice. I want to make her scarf and shrug. She also wears a cardigan but I'm not much for wearing white. Although I could make it in another color. I'll decide later about that. The shrug doesn't have a pattern out yet and I'm not awesome enough yet to figure it out. So I'm waiting on Natsuki on Ravelry to post the pattern that she used the Erica Shrug and came up with Alice's. All the links are on ravelry but if you want pictures and aren't on ravelry, let me know and I'll get links so you can see them too.

With so much stuff in Twilight, I'm kind of excited to see what they come up with for New Moon. I'll probably end up getting all the movies (and suffer through watching Breaking Dawn) just for the awesome knitwear they are sure to have. xD

No comments:

Post a Comment