Monday, September 21, 2009

HPKCHC OWL Proposal

So.. My fellow Ravenclaws convinced me that there's no harm in trying to do an O.W.L., even if I don't think I have time for it. We're natural overachievers so of course I agreed. XD I'm submitting my proposal later in a few minute but I decided I'd also post it here.

therealkarity of Ravenclaw submitting her Arithmancy O.W.L. proposal.

1. Identify the pattern(s) you will be using (original designs encouraged).

Lace Beanie by Lion Brand x2
Rosalie by megi x2*
Hermione's Cable and Eyelet Hat by Jackie Lauseng x1
Watch Cap by Lion Brand x2
Ellen's Knit Hat by Ellen Harpin x1
Kitty Hat by fluffyhelen x1
Slouched Tuva Hat by Turvid x1

*Ravelry link

2. Photograph of the yarn(s)/needles/materials involved.

Yarn:
Needles:
3. Two or three sentences describing the planned crafting sequence and analyzing any areas of potential difficulty or new skills learned.

I am normally a slow knitter. To complete 10 hats in two months will be a great accomplishment for me. Some of the hat patterns have stitches I'm not completely used to yet, like cables. I'm hoping it will help me get used to cabling a bit more.

4. Photograph of your swatch or explanation of why a swatch is not needed. Please note that "I never swatch" will not be accepted as an explanation.

I have swatched for the first hat. My gauge is about half an inch off and I will fit the gauge before I start knitting. If I need to include swatches for the others, let me know.

Thank you so much for considering me!

No comments:

Post a Comment