Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Gauge

*grumbles* Why is figuring out the gauge for my newest project so hard? I want to make a pair of fingerless gloves using my DPNs but all I have are size US 3 and the pattern calls for a size US 7. I know you can adjust the gauge to what you're using needle and yarn wise from what the patterns, but I don't know how to do it. Maybe my problem is that I'm trying to teach myself because I'm the only one in the house who really knows how to knit? So I don't have anyone to go to but myself. Well, there's the internet but I can't be calm about anything when I'm this frustrated. It feels like I'll never find a use for my DPNs, except maybe socks.

When it comes down to it, I guess I just really want someone who I can go to and ask "How do you do this?" because I really don't have anyone that I can. I'm more advanced in knitting than Mom is. After all, I just taught her how to circular needles tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment