Thursday, June 25, 2009

Tension

Sometimes when I'm knitting the first row (especially when its via magic loop), the tension gets really tight. Not just tight but impossible to move across the needle. I've always been a tight knitter but when you can't even finish the first row because of tension, you know something's gotta change.

I want to take a couple days off of my Slytherin scarf to make myself a pair of fingerless gloves in Gryffindor colors (scarlet and gold). I tried to start them a few minutes but after getting the first part of the magic loop done, I couldn't get the second half done because the tension was impossibly hard.

Anyone have any suggestions as to how to loosen the tension?

I haven't done much knitting lately seeing as I'm only on stripe 6 of the 19 striped house scarf. But I think if I can make the fingerless gloves, I'll be happier to speed through the rest of the scarf. In awhile I'll post a new picture. I've only managed to double what I had since I posted the first picture of it. That really isn't a lot of progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment