Friday, June 26, 2015

FO Friday: June 26, 2015

As I've talked about before, Tour de Sock started June 1st. It took me awhile to finish stage one, well past the deadline. That was, in part, because I had a test knit I needed to finish and then I had to find the motivation for the socks again.

Stage One of Tour de Sock 
  • Start Date: June 1, 2015
  • Finish Date: June 21, 2015
  • Pattern: Virrat
  • Needle: 2.75mm
  • Yarn: Invictus Yarns SportMaster
  • Made For: Me!
  • Project Page


Stage One was the first time I ever made sport weight socks. For not being used to working with that weight, they came out really well. I think the next time I make them, I might use fingering instead.

Stage Three was released the day I finished these. I like them well enough to make a pair but I'm not in a hurry because I have other patterns I need to be working on, like my pair of knee high socks for a cosplay I need done before November. The last time I knit a pair of knee highs, it took me about a year but a lot of that wasn't spent actively working on them.

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment