Wednesday, January 27, 2016

WIP Wednesday: January 27, 2016

2015 ended up being a really busy year for me. I moved not once but twice and after the second move, I lost a lot of my knitting mojo. Then in early December I had surgery to remove my gallbladder (because of gallstones) and lost the remainder of my knitting mojo. It took until about a week into January for it to start coming back. I've finished a few things this month and have made progress in other things. One thing I want to do this year is be better about updating this blog twice a week, once for works in progress and a second time for finished things.

Last year I went to an anime convention in November. Instead of making the cosplays I wore, I bought them. But it sparked my love for cosplay again and I really want to get back into it again. I have plans for seven, yes, seven, cosplays this year. Three for each of the two conventions I'm going to and then I want to get an outfit made for when Fantastical Beasts and Where to Find Them comes out this winter. But lets start with the convention I'm doing this summer, Anime Mid-Atlantic. One of the cosplays I am doing is Glaceon. I know, an ice pokemon cosplay in the summer. Well, she will have two versions, a summer version and a winter version. When I started these socks I didn't think anything of the colors but a friend told me they made her think of Glaceon. And I changed them into knee-highs that I could wear with the cosplay.

I am still working on the first sock but I'm getting close to done. Not sure yet if I really want to wear them with the cosplay in June or wait until the later months. Either way, I want them done by the time I finish Glaceon for AMA.

No comments:

Post a Comment