Sunday, July 25, 2010

Stitch Markers: Gold/Silver set

Today I made my very first stitch markers! I wanted to use some headpins but couldn't find any in the house. So.. I cut the pointy tip off of some straight pins with wire cutters. Two beads fit perfectly on what was left. I'd been meaning to make some for awhile and had great fun making these.



If you look closely, you'll see the one on the far left is two silver beads and the one on the far right is two gold beads. They're to mark my place at the beginning of a round in my knitting. Like for my sweater.

I think I want to get into beading now.

1 comment:

  1. Beading is crazily addictive. I have thousands upon thousands of beads and findings. I keep trying to find extra hours in the day for beading and knitting... where is my time turner...

    ReplyDelete