Monday, May 24, 2010

May HoM: Complete

I told myself that I wouldn't focus so much on the classes this term so that I would finally be able to finish my OWL. So far it's.. sort of worked. The other thing I told myself is that I would create stories to go along with each of my class submissions. I'm a writer! I should be able to create the stories easily! (And yet, its been hard to come up with something the last two terms..) Anyway, here's the story and the accompanying fingerless mitts that will later be turned into gloves. Yes, with actual fingers.

During my trip down into the chamber, I came across a piece of thread. I was intrigued by it and decided to see how much of it there was. By the time I was about to gather all of it that I could find, there looked to be enough for a pair of gloves. The purple color of the thread seems to come from Lockhart’s cape. It must have gotten stuck on something when he was leaving the chamber.

It turns out that there wasn’t enough for a pair of gloves so I decided to make them fingerless instead. I was glad to have them because the chamber was colder than I thought it would be. These provided me a way to keep my hands warm but still be able to take notes on what the chamber was like.

2 comments:

  1. I said the same thing about classes and my OWL. But I'll be finishing class number six tomorrow anyway.

    Besides, OWL number two is driving me straight to St. Mungos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ended up only doing three classes when I would've done four or five. So I'm getting better. And my OWL is making progress so that's good.

    OWL #2 is the... Swallowtail shawl, right?

    ReplyDelete