Friday, October 1, 2010

End of the Month Update

The month disappeared on me. Before I knew it, I was running out of time and had so much to finish. Sad to say that I didn't get anything finished this month. Wait no. I did finish a section of a traveling scarf and a blanket square. This means that I have three things to finish: the shawl I started in Aug, my Ravenclaw bag, and a present for a friend's birthday. There are a few reasons why I didn't get anything finished this month. This first (and most important) reason was that I've been focusing on my college classes more than my knitting. Knitting is fun and I love it but college is important. The other reason is drama. Specifically online drama.

This is the start of my Ravenclaw bag. It is also my very first attempt at doing any colorwork. I'd always thought colorwork was pretty - but also hard. It really isn't, just takes longer than working with only one strand of yarn. I can't wait until it's done. This bag is one of the things I plan to take with me to go see the first installment of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

My sixth pair of fetching. The yarn is a real pain as it enjoys splitting on me. I have to make sure that it doesn't because I don't want to send a present off to a friend where half of the stitches are where the yarn split.

Lastly, a progress picture of my sweater. This is kind of an older picture - I have since finished the skein and started into the next one. The last time I measured it was about 9". At first I had wanted to get it done in time for NaNoWriMo in November but I don't want to kill myself over getting it done. It'd be nice to get it done before December though. :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow you have made alot of progress. The Ravenclaw bag is going to be awesome. I love colorwork. I've only done a little bit of it, but it grows on you. The sweater is going to be lovely!

    ReplyDelete